Intel Core i9-13900KS costs $699
Intel has today confirmed its flagship 24-core Raptor Lake CPU pricing.
As expected, the Core i9-13900KS has been launched today. The company confirms the fastest Raptor Lake-S processor will cost $699, so $110 more than the Core i9-13900K. Both processors represent enthusiast segment with increased clock speeds.
However, the Core i9-13900KS is indeed faster, offering up to 6.0 GHz out of the box and that’s without overclocking, Intel claims. This processor will also have increased base clock from 3.0 to 3.2 GHz. Those frequencies will only apply to Performance cores. This special edition of the Raptor Lake CPU comes with integrated UHD 770 GPU, and there is no variant without graphics.
Furthermore, the KS variant offers higher default TDP (Processor Base Power) of 150W, so 25W higher than 13900K. The maximum power has not been changed and remains at 253W. However, it should be noted that i9-13900KS supports a new power mode called “Extreme Config” which increases both PL1 (PBP) and PL2 (MTB) to 320W.
Intel Core i9-13900KS
- Up to 6.0 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost – the first CPU in the PC industry to reach 6.0 GHz without overclocking.
- Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multicore turbo frequencies.
- 24 cores (eight Performance-cores and 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads, 150W processor base power, 36MB Intel Smart Cache and a total of 20 PCIe lanes (16 PCIe 5.0 and four PCIe 4.0 lanes).
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Compatible with Z790 and Z690 motherboards, with the latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming and content creation experience.
Some early reviews have already been shared today by independent news outlets, but it should be noted that this processor was not seeded to the press under a review program. HardwareUnboxed have a comprehensive look at the CPU featuring gaming benchmarks:
Intel Core i9-13900K CPU is available starting from today through select retailers in limited quantity. Intel has put a price of $699 on this desktop CPU making it the most expensive Raptor Lake desktop CPU to date. The processor will also be available though channel and OEM partners who may offer prebuilt systems.
|Intel 13th Gen Core Series Specifications|
|VideoCardz.com||Configuration ↓||Base Clock||Max Clock||iGPU||PBP/MTB||MSRP|
|Core i9-13900KS||UHD 770|
|Core i9-13900K||UHD 770|
|Core i9-13900||UHD 770|
|Core i7-13700K||UHD 770|
|Core i7-13700||UHD 770|
|Core i5-13600K||UHD 770|
|Core i5-13600||UHD 770|
|Core i5-13500||UHD 770|
|Core i5-13400||UHD 730|
|Core i3-13100||UHD 730|